Thursday, February 9, 2012

class act.

spanish classes have commenced for 2012, and based off of monday's class it's going to be an interesting semester:
  • i had to write some words on the whiteboard, and when my teacher went to review my work she commented on how strangely my "s"'s were written. that was after i had to explain to her that the letter was an "s." i was slightly embarrassed as it also included an exacerbated sigh as she was going through my words each time she came across another "s." 
  • during that same exercise, i got a "u" and and "i" switched on a word, which apparently turned it into a swear word. oops. and it doesn't matter what age you are, accidentally writing a swear word in on a school board apparently is still hilarious...even if you are old.
  • i had to do another writing exercise on the board, and my friend and i were bantering back and forth....as she volunteered me for the exercise, since i was obviously hesitant due to the aforementioned incidences. she shouted, "erin, i am going to make sure you get your money's worth out of this class whether you like it or not!" in which our french classmate cued in, "did you girls get a few drinks before class?" and my friend shouted, "YOU BETTER BELIEVE I DID!" and i replied meekly..."noooooooo...." the french man balked at me in disbelief. 
  • i received advice on monday that a couple glasses of wine will help me speak spanish more fluently. true? or false?
thrice i was embarrassed in a matter of just a couple of hours. i think this is going to be a great semester. 

No comments: